Accessibility and considering the needs of our audience is important to us. Although we are not specifically required to provide a website that adheres to a WCAG 2.1 guideline standard, as an organisation we understand and are fully committed to providing content that is accessible to all.
Our website, relaunched in 2019, has been designed to be highly inclusive for visitors of all abilities. We consult the WCAG 2.1 guidelines and make every effort to monitor and update all our content with accessibility in mind.
- When using our website, you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
Throughout our website, we have used simple, easy to understand language in our content, with limited use of abbreviations or acronyms.
We are aware that a number of aspects of this website are not yet fully accessible in accordance with the WCAG2.1 guidelines, including:
- Some colour contrast, particularly where images are used with a colour overlay might be slightly below the recommended colour contrast ratio
- Some text labels on buttons are not easily distinguishable for each button i.e. some buttons include the same text such as ‘read more’
- Some downloadable PDFs before 2018 are not fully accessible for use with screen reader software
- Some videos on our website might automatically play without request
- Some videos might not have transcripts and captions
Found a problem? Let us know!
Whilst we are making every effort to make sure our website is accessible to all, we understand that may still be a number of areas which can be improved. We are happy to receive feedback on our website usability which could help other future website users to navigate our site quickly and easily.
If you would like to report any issues with website accessibility, please contact our team using the details below.
If you require any information that is displayed on our website in a different format, please contact:
or call: 01522 775060